Day 1 - Part 2

I wanted to thank everyone for your support, questions, and interest in me keeping you up to date with my journey. Some have asked what this would have been "normally" for me, so I'll add some annotations of "Day 0 me" or pre-medicated to get a comparison. 

So the balance of Day 1 was interesting.

Around 3PM was talking with the doctor on the results of my daughter's tests, I was able to focus on what she was telling me and relay back my understanding, even though my daughter was playing games and asking questions. - This was a big difference to Day 0 me!

Driving home around 3:30PM, found that I was super focused. I almost felt that the road was the only thing in the world. Day 0 me, I would be looking at signs and generally distracted by things. 

Did some work when I returned home at 4PM, not as productive as the morning, though was able to work through my email box and not get pulled down a rat hole by something that popped up on the screen. Day 0 me would have been surfing the web by this point in the day and dog tired. 

At 5PM, started making dinner for the family. The crash started and hit hard. I luckily avoided the headaches, but just felt like not being around people. Also, found myself remarkably more clumsy than normal.  I powered through it, finished up dinner and put the kiddos to bed. I was far too tired to bath them though, so that will be tonight! 

At 7:30PM, went back to work to wrap up a Webinar with a colleague. Poor planning on my part to do something that late when starting new meds, but such is life. We powered through the prep and dryrun. I felt pretty much like Day 0 me, a bit distracted and scattered when going through the slides.

At 9:30PM, got ready to be, super tired. Did my last check of election results (not a good idea before bed by the way) and setup my meditation program (10 minutes - currently in the happiness series on my phone!) and off to dreamland.

Around 2:30AM, I got up and it was a world of thoughts!!!! It reminded me of the days when I was deep into projects and had a hard design problem. My brain wouldn't stop. Muddled through the rest of the night tossing and turning.

5 AM Rise and Shine. I did have a thought... maybe I can leverage this to start going to the gym a little early!

So, I'll pick up the story from here next time.



Please comment with any question, I'll answer what I can. 

Comments